Editor’s Note: Megan Arevalo is community director at Websitebuilder, and joins us today to share an original infographic that covers video marketing from A to Z.
As online marketing becomes more and more visual over time, video marketing has emerged as a favorite choice for businesses to share a message, promote a product, and entertain customers all at once. The effort has not gone to waste – our research shows that:
- E-commerce stores which use video content have an 80% higher conversion rate than those which do not
- 73% of customers are more likely to make a purchase when shown informational video content
- A 1% budget increase on active video marketing is worth a monthly average of $13,000 for a company
Case studies prove that intelligent video content is a highly effective way to raise consumer interest, leading to higher profits. For instance: Home Depot’s online outlet blinds.com experienced a 68% increase in orders and a 92% raise in overall profit after launching a video marketing strategy.
Sharing Video Content
As far as video platforms go, the Internet has come a long way. YouTube retains the top spot; advertising features on the site are versatile, and easily targeted to a segment of millions of users with detailed demographics information collected from Google activities.
However, while YouTube is still a starting point for many marketers, Facebook is gaining ground quickly, and a robust marketing strategy integrates both. Our research shows that:
- By 2018, 90% of content shared by Facebook users will be video
- At present, 59% of video shares occur on Facebook
- 90% of online marketers use both Facebook and YouTube for video marketing
All of this data has a general thrust: video marketing is a strategy that is growing more potent with time, as Internet content becomes increasingly video-based, and case studies show that it is effective for businesses ranging wildly in size, market, and product type.
We have collected all of this information and more in the infographic below to help you make informed decisions for an effective video marketing strategy. Feel free to save, and share with experts and novices alike!
Learn more with Video Marketing & YouTube 101
Visit the Online Marketing Institute to browse over 400 classes in the digital and social media marketing space.
Source:: Online Marketing Institute