By Parker Davis
Does your business have a blog?
If not, now is the time to start building one. It can provide a ton of benefits for your business.
Here’s why you should create a blog for your business:
- Build trust with your customers and audience. People buy from businesses that they know, like, and trust. One of the best ways to create that trusting relationship is by creating helpful and actionable content in the form of blog posts.
- Improve your SEO. Want to get more search traffic from Google? Well, with quality targeted SEO blogs, you can rank higher for important terms for your business, which can lead to more sales, leads, and recognition.
- Establish yourself as an authority in your industry. When you create helpful blog content, people will start to look to you as an authority, which further builds trust.
- Grow your social media. Great blog posts are perfect for building the social media pages of your business. You can posts your blogs there and get engagement from your followers, as well as acquire new followers.
These reasons only scratch the surface of the many benefits of blogging.
But now you might be wondering – “How do I create an exceptional blog for my business?”
That’s what we’ll talk about today.
Here’s how you can create an exceptional blog for your business…
Choose Your Platform
There are plenty of blogging platforms to choose from, but our favorite is WordPress. It’s easy to setup and easy to design quality blog posts.
Plus, there are plenty of themes to choose from – both paid and free themes that look great.
Plan Your Content Strategy
A lot of businesses just start churning out blog content with no real strategy behind it. And so, their blogs don’t yield any significant results. It’s far better to plan your content strategy beforehand carefully.
Here’s how to plan your content strategy:
- Identify the purpose of your blog. Why do you want people to visit your blog? What do you want to teach through your posts? Keep this in mind as you plan your strategy.
- Research your readers and customers. What are the biggest problems and challenges your audience is facing? What types of blogs can help them with these challenges?
- Brainstorm keywords related to your business. You should have a list of 8-10 keywords that you’re specifically targeting. To get started, you can use tools like ahrefs to find keywords that your competition ranks for, as well as potential keywords you’ve already brainstormed, and see how difficult it is to rank for those keywords.
- Create a list of 10-20 initial blog post ideas. Once you’ve followed the previous steps, create a list of 10-20 blog post ideas to get your blog going. That way, you won’t run out of steam after 5-6 blog posts.
Plan Your Content Schedule
You should post on a consistent schedule. This is important not just for SEO, but also so your readers and customers know when to look out for a new blog post.
So, figure out how many times you want to post per week, and on which days you’d Go to the full article.
Source:: Business 2 Community