Two weeks ago, I wrote a blog that gives you tips to improve your conversion rate optimization (CRO). It is called 29 Handy Tips for Amazing Conversion Rate Optimization. The blog explained CRO and gave tips for beginners and for those more advanced; for some of these, you do not need resources. This week, I read a great article by Rich Page that lists twenty-five ways to increase online sales without needing resources, so I wanted to share that information with you. After that, I have found three tools that can help you convert more too.
25 tips and free trials to increase your online sales and conversions
Page has created a list of twenty-five tips and free trials that you can use to increase your online sales and conversions. Not spending extra money sounds good, right? Here is the list:
1. Improve your homepage headline with CoSchedule’s headline checker.
The more engaging and magnetizing your headlines, the higher chance that your visitors will stay on your website and purchase, particularly on your homepage.
2. Offer a free incentive like an eBook or consultation to capture emails.
Getting your visitor’s email means you can follow up using email marketing and get your visitor to purchase in the future.
3. Analyze your form drop off rate using a free trial of Formisimo.
Having confusing or unnecessary fields in your forms will lower the chances of visitors completing them.
4. Use short testimonials on your homepage to build more social proof.
Improving your testimonials is one of the best ways of increasing social proof and sales. Make them short and focused on benefits, and use photos or logos to make them believable.
5. A/B test a radically new homepage with Google Optimize.
Testing a radically different improved homepage (style, layout, and improved focus on call-to-actions) will have a high chance of increasing your sales. This new free tool helps you do this quickly and easily.
6. State your unique value proposition clearly on your homepage above the page fold.
Do not presume visitors know the benefits of using your site rather than that of a competitor.
7. Create landing pages for your PPC traffic with a free trial of LanderApp.
Do not just send your paid search visitors to your homepage. Rather, build more targeted landing pages for each of your keywords to increase visitor engagement and sales.
8. Add a tagline under your logo to help explain your unique value proposition.
Your logo is one of the first things visitors see. Showing a tagline right under there quickly explains your unique value proposition to your visitors.
9. Use a free trial of Olark to get live feedback from your visitors.
Using a free web chat tool to ask visitors their issues and what they think is lacking will help you come up with great ideas for improving your website.
10. Mention ‘100% Safe and Secure’ in your cart and checkout pages.
Reducing visitor’s purchase worry on these pages, where it will be highest, is key Go to the full article.
Source:: Business 2 Community