By Mari Smith
Here’s a short list of important Facebook updates I’ve selected for you this week:
Facebook Camera Updates
The Facebook Camera now allows capturing in 360 (basically very similar to the Pano feature on your phone!). Plus, your personal profile cover photo can be 360 (coming to Pages, too).
Facebook Stories Updates
Facebook Stories keeps evolving fairly quickly – if this feature is ever to ‘catch up’ to Instagram, Facebook needs users to get cracking with adoption! You can now go Live on Stories, create 2-second GIFs, and share full text updates on colored backgrounds (I tested the other day and was astonished to see over 5k views; about 10x from just a few weeks ago). Stories are also coming soon to Pages. Hm.
Facebook Retires Uncommon Boosted Post Options
Facebook is retiring a whole list of uncommon Boosted post options. This is actually a good thing. Facebook recommends businesses only use the Boost button for about 10% of their advertising budgets. The other 90% needs to be inside the Ads Manager for much more effective results.
WhatsApp Offers Verified Business Profiles
As part of the Facebook family of apps, WhatsApp recently launched a pilot program to verify businesses. You can bet there will be a significantly growing opportunity for savvy, early-adopter businesses using WhatsApp! Both Messenger and WhatsApp want to make it easy for customers to communicate with businesses. There are two billion messages exchanged between businesses and people each month on Messenger, both automated (bots) and human initiated!
How To Verify Your Facebook Page
“How do I verify (get the blue check/badge on) my Facebook Page?” is one of the TOP questions I get on my page and so does Facebook! I address this common question during my Facebook Live update here!
NEW Facebook Live Training Series!
Join me LIVE on my Facebook Page for a brand new 4-part series brought to you in partnership with BeLive.tv! Each Thursday at 12pm PT / 3pm ET for the next four weeks, I will be bringing you top tips, strategies, examples and helpful ideas to get started with your own monetized Facebook Live show!
This Week’s Top 3 Articles
1. Facebook Video Engagement: What We Learned From Analyzing 100 Million Videos via BuzzSumo.com
My good friends at Buzzsumo have done it again! They are tops at research and analysis. Check out this excellent and insightful post with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Facebook video performance.
2. 7 Ways to Increase eCommerce Sales with Facebook Ads via SimplyMeasured.com
For businesses looking to increase their ecommerce sales, Facebook Ads offer several options. Every brand is different so you’ll need to experiment to find what works best for your goals.
3. 6 Tips For Content Sharing Across Social Platforms via V9seo.com
Empowering your audience to share your quality content on social media can really pay off… you might even find that next ‘viral hit’! But, there are better ways to do it Go to the full article.
Source:: Mari Smith Blog