In a world where the B2B buyer is faced with a multitude of options, personalization has quickly become the gold standard of B2B marketing. In fact, a personalized experience is often the deciding factor when it comes to converting prospects. Consider these statistics:
- In a study of 650 multichannel marketing campaigns, personalized campaigns consistently and overwhelmingly beat out static campaigns in generating a high response rate from recipients (source).
- 78% of consumers said they were more likely to buy from a retailer that presented them with offers targeted to their interests, wants, and needs (source).
- 86% of respondents said they would be willing to pay 25% more for better customer experience.
- 72% of respondents reported that generic marketing messages turned them off from a company.
While the majority of B2B marketers have come to understand the benefits of personalized marketing, many still struggle to drive results. So, where’s the missing link?
The Importance of Data
Data is an essential ingredient of all personalized marketing campaigns. It’s no longer enough to guess who your target audience is and what they are looking for. Instead, use your existing client database to create a clear and informed picture of your best buyers.
This ‘picture’ is often referred to as a buyer persona. Essentially, a buyer persona is a detailed profile of your best clients, made up of demographic and firmographic information such as job title, job function, management level, industry, and company size.
Depending on your particular company, you may have one buyer persona or you may have many different buyer personas. The more you understand about your clients and prospects, the easier it will be to deliver highly personalized, targeted content to the right people, at the right time, using the right channels.
Data and Email Campaign Personalization
Email marketing is the outlet of choice for many B2B marketers – primarily because of the ease of implementation, cost effectiveness and ultimately, success rates.
In fact, individualized email campaign messaging and segmented email lists have been found to be the most effective personalization techniques for 50% and 51% of B2B marketers respectively (source).
To implement your own personalized email campaigns, use the buyer personas you created to segment your email list into, smaller, more targeted lists. Doing so will allow you to send targeted email campaigns based on industry, buying preference, job title, and more.
When executed effectively, personalized email campaigns can produce staggering improvement in your B2B’s engagement metrics.
Data and Dynamic Web Experiences
In today’s technology-driven environment, your website is the starting point for most prospects—you want to make a good first impression. Rather than use generic, static landing pages, use personalized web content to push your prospects through the sales funnel.
When executed effectively, personalized web pages can have a huge impact on a number of vital marketing initiatives, including increased leads, revenue, and client satisfaction. In fact,
- 69% of buyers rank “relevant content that speaks directly to [their] company” as the most important factor when visiting a vendor website to conduct research. (<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.demandgenreport.com/features/industry-insights/marketers-use-web-personalization-strategies-to-engage-buyers" target="_blank" Go to the full article.
Source:: Business 2 Community