By April Dodson
Whether you are an independent entrepreneur, a small business owner, the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, or a marketing influencer; developing your personal brand is key to building your business, furthering your career, and opening new opportunities. These simple tips can help you grow your brand and accomplish all your branding goals.
stokpic / Pixabay
Tips for Developing Your Personal and Professional Brand
Branding yourself doesn’t have to mean selling out or obnoxiously pushing yourself, your skills, and/or your company on others. It means investing in yourself or your business as something work marketing, growing, and promoting.
Brand Yourself: Your Focus
Your focus should be on simply letting others know you (or your business) exist. This can be done by either hiring a PR company or marketing yourself on no budget, but the goal is the same: Get your name out there. Before beginning your branding journey, focus on these key elements first.
1. Become an expert. This sounds more complicated than it is. It doesn’t mean you have to be a renowned professional in your field, but rather that you should aim to be a trusted source of knowledge in an area that relates to your business. This means consistently educating yourself and sharing your ideas.
2. Get online. Without a website or social media presence, you might as well not exist. The first place people will look to find out more about you or your business is online, so you’ll want to have your full name on your website so people can easily find it as it relates to you. Develop a social media presence based on what you are offering and what your skill set is.
3. Generate awareness. This can be done through traditional marketing techniques as well as networking. You’ll want to be sure you’re connecting with others online, but don’t let your in-person and personal relationships falter either. Form relationships with people who you can learn from, teach, and who can help grow your business.
Brand Yourself: Tips
Once you have begun to expand your personal brand, you can start exploring these branding tips and practices.
1. Start blogging. Starting a blog is a great way to express yourself, but it’s also a powerful tool for building your personal brand. Write about what you know, what you want to be known for, and helpful content you have to share with others. For instance, if you want to portray yourself as a financial advisor, write blogs that include finance tips. If you want to be known as an expert salesperson, offer sales tips.
2. Create video content. Video content has been rising in popularity. It offers a unique and fun way to engage your audience and bring your brand to life. Most of your network probably can’t interact with you face-to-face on a daily basis, and video allows you to share ideas, knowledge, and even company updates in a way that is more personal within your professional community.
3. Speak at events. Getting recognition as a speaker is a powerful way to expand your reach as Go to the full article.
Source:: Business 2 Community