Snufkin / Pixabay
Blogging is one of the most cost effective and efficient marketing tools available for business owners and entrepreneurs. In order to use the channel as a way to communicate with your audience and drive traffic to your website, you need to understand some important do’s and don’ts. Keep reading to discover what they are and how you can get the most out of your business’ blog.
The Benefits of Blogging for your Business
Blogging has many powerful benefits for your business and will help your brand in tremendous ways, from boosting visibility to establishing credibility. Here are some great reasons why your business should have an active blog.
- Boosts your visibility. Search engines love fresh, new content that is relevant to the people searching the web. Making sure you add new posts regularly and consistently will help your odds of being found through an internet search.
- Positions your business as the go-to expert in your field. Knowledge is power. Show your audience and competitors you know what you’re talking about and have a vast amount of expertise in your industry.
- Gives you access to an audience on a national platform. Blogging is a great way to reach people outside of your local region on a more national, and even international, level. Anyone who has access to a computer or mobile device can find you!
- Establishes credibility. Sharing information from other industry leaders and collaborating with them establishes your credibility of your business as a strong force in your field.
- Amplifies awareness and recognition of your brand. Sharing a blog post is quick and easy! This ability to share posts on multiple different channels increases your brand’s awareness.
- Increases traffic to your website and social media profiles. Since your blog should be on your website, people have to visit it to read your posts and will be more likely to explore other areas of your site.
If your business isn’t blogging and building a social media presence, your potential customers will be wondering why they don’t see you on the web and may go with your competitor instead.
Valuable Blogging Statistics
Numbers don’t lie. These statistics back up how valuable blogging is for businesses and how you can benefit from it.
- Lead Generation: Companies see at least 67% more leads from blogging.
- Increased Return on Investment: Businesses that blog see a 13% return on their investment.
- Lower Cost: Blogging as a marketing tool costs 60% less than traditional outbound methods.
- Back Linking: Businesses who blog receive 97% more links back to their website than those who don’t.
- Higher Search Engine Results: Businesses who post regularly and consistently with keywords in mind are more likely to be on the first page of Google search results, and 75% of people do not go beyond the first page of results.
- Improved Customer Acquisition: 57% of businesses blogging at least once a month gain a new customer; the stat jumps to 82% when they blog daily.
- Increased Time Spent Reading: People spend 3 times more reading blog posts than reading emails.
- Stronger Buying Influence: 61% of consumers state they Go to the full article.
Source:: Business 2 Community