Email personalization is a tactic used by many marketers today. Of course, they’re doing it for a good reason.
Long gone are the days of one-size-fits-all messaging. Instead, modern marketers are striving to leverage personalization in emails that feel like they are custom-made for the individual.
- …stand out within the inbox as highly relevant, tailor-made material.
- …make an email more likely to be opened and clicked on.
- …strengthen customer experiences by sending the right content to the right people at the right time.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when you look at the benefits of email personalization. Today, marketers are going far beyond leveraging subscribers’ first names– they’re working hard to find ways to use smart, relevant email marketing to create new opportunities.
But don’t just take our word for it. Check out some of these email personalization stats that might surprise you. Take a look at the numbers we’ve collected to see how important this approach is within the modern email setting.
Email personalization stats
These 15 email personalization stats help tie some hard numbers to the buzz around email personalization. No matter how you slice it, personalization is helping boost the success of email marketing strategies across a wide array of industries.
1) Sixty-six percent of marketers are working toward securing internal resources to execute personalized marketing programs. – Conversant Media
2) Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. – Aberdeen
3) When asked to prioritize one capability that will be most important to marketing in the future, 33% of marketers answered: “personalization.” – Adage
4) 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. – eConsultancy
5) Only 39% of online retailers send personalized product recommendations via email. – Certona
6) Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened. – Campaign Monitor
7) Personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates. – Experian
8) 53% of marketers say ongoing, personalized communication with existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact. – DemandGen
9) 94% of customer insights and marketing professionals across multiple industries said personalization is “important,” “very important,” or “extremely important” for meeting their current email marketing objectives. – Conversant Media
10) Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. – DMA
11) Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor
12) Marketers see an average increase of 20% in sales when using personalized experiences. – Monetate
13.) 50% of companies feel they can increase interaction within email by increasing personalization. – Experian
14) Some brands have recorded 8x improvement on click-through rates with a personalized video versus standard outbound email campaigns. – Marketing Land
15) The open rate for emails with a personalized message was 18.8%, as compared to 13.1% without any personalization in 2016. – Statista
Email personalization tips
Source:: Business 2 Community