By Bob Hutchins
We said it earlier… video is the medium for social in 2017. Quick recap:
- Online video is believed to account for 74% of all web traffic in 2017.
- 500 million people are watching Facebook videos every day (and 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound).
- 81% of people feature their video on their brand website.
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales and communication.
As video continues its rise, infiltrating every corner of social media and filling billions of hours on screens of every shape and size, Breadnbeyond identifies one type of video, in particular, that’s absolutely essential for businesses to integrate into their marketing strategies: the explainer video.
In a new infographic, Breadnbeyond details three areas where you can integrate video, as well as 10 specific ways you can share your new explainer video.
How to Integrate Video Into Your Marketing Funnel
There are three places in your marketing funnel where you can integrate video: at the top of the funnel, in the middle, or at the bottom. Keep in mind these “locations” are platform-agnostic. A “top of funnel” video could be on Instagram, your website, at a live event, or anywhere else. (The same goes for middle and bottom of funnel.)
Top funnel videos are great for creating brand awareness ambassadors. These videos should be both informative and entertaining. Take, for example, the Chatbooks Mom video ad:
Did you know…
- Enjoyment of a video ad increases purchase intent by 97%?
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store?
Middle funnel videos are engagement magnets. Their purpose is to get interested users to engage with the brand. Speaking of, did you know what videos can do for your page times?
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
Bottom funnel videos are closers: they’re lead converters and sales pitch weapons. Did you know…
- Viewers are 64 – 85% more likely to buy after watching a product video?
- Housewares shoppers who watch videos are 144% more likely to buy than those who saw no video?
Where to Use Explainer Videos
So, where should you use these entertaining and informative “explainer videos?”
- Integrate them into your presentations.
- Take them with you to conventions.
- Embed them on your landing pages for an 86% spike in conversions.
- Screenshot them and link to them in your email marketing campaigns to increase open rates and click-through rates.
- Upload them to Facebook natively for 10x reach.
- Share them on Instagram, where brands get 10x engagement of Facebook, 54x engagement of Pinterest, and 84x engagement of Twitter.
- Add them to your ecommerce store.
- Repurpose them as GIFs for social.
- Pay to run them as social ads on Facebook or YouTube.
- Use them for internal company training (After all, 65% of people are visual learners.)
Source:: Business 2 Community